CarePenguin In-Home Activity SensorWiFi Enabled
See your loved one's activity at a glance
View your loved one's activity levels by hour
Upgrade to CarePenguin Premium after purchasing for more features
Please read before purchasing:
NOT compatible on water heaters with recirculation pumps
CarePenguin brings peace of mind to families with elderly or disabled loved ones living independently by detecting activity in a house through hot water use. The In-Home Activity Sensor easily attaches to the hot water pipe output on a water heater and detects whenever someone uses water in a home, indicating they are up, active, and going about their normal routine. The CarePenguin app shows that activity and alerts family members if there’s a lack of activity.
- Know your loved one is okay: Check the CarePenguin app at any time to see when your loved one started their day, how many times they’ve been active, and the last time they were active to know they are okay.
- See your loved one’s activity by hour: Take a look at the analysis graphs to see your loved one’s activity patterns throughout the day.
- Alerts for lack of activity: Set up times during the day when you know your loved one is active and receive alerts if there is no activity detected during those times. (Available with CarePenguin Premium)
- Invite family members: Invite family members to your CarePenguin account to share the responsibility of looking after a loved one. (Available with CarePenguin Premium)
- One sensor detects activity throughout the entire house: One CarePenguin In-Home Activity Sensor detects water use throughout the entire house. No need for multiple sensors in every room.
- Easy Installation: Installing the CarePenguin In-Home Activity Sensor only takes five minutes and no tools are needed. Simply attach the sensor to the hot water pipe output on a water heater and pair to the home’s wifi using the CarePenguin app.
- CarePenguin In-Home Activity Sensor
- Wall USB power block
- USB cord
- Zip ties
- Quick start guide
- CarePenguin In-Home Activity Sensor
- Clip-on design, no plumbing needed
- 8.2.11/b/g/n WiFi
- 4.375″ long
- 1.5″ wide
- 1.5″ tall
- 5.2 oz
- Compatible with regular water heaters and tankless/on-demand water heaters
- NOT compatible with whole house hot water recirculation systems
- WiFi router
- To use CarePenguin with the CarePenguin app, an Android™ device with version 9 or later or iOS 14 or later running on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is required.
- Access to water heater or hot water supply line for whole house use
- Standard or on-demand water heater
- Electrical outlet near water heater
- 1 Year
- Our warranty and return policy
- Access to your loved one’s water heater
- Your loved one must have WiFi at their house
- A smart phone to download our app from the app store or Google Play Store, and install the sensor. CarePenguin is now available on both iOS and Android!
- Someone to do the simple installation via a smart phone on site. See more on having another family member or helper do the installation.
Senior citizens use hot water more than you think! We’ve tested our sensors in senior citizens’ houses and found that the average senior citizen uses water about six to ten times a day, making it an excellent proxy for human behavior. CarePenguin can sense anything from rinsing a dish, brushing teeth, washing hands, doing dishes, doing laundry, taking a shower, etc. This is because hot water and cold water are usually mixed at the faucet. It’s rare that people just use cold water. When a faucet is turned on, some warm/hot water is moving through and even the smallest amount causes CarePenguin to detect an event of water use. Contact us if you have any questions!
The CarePenguin sensor simply takes the temperature of the hot water pipe output on a water heater. Whenever someone uses water in the house, the temperature of that pipe spikes up, indicating that someone in the house is up and active. The CarePenguin app displays this data, showing your loved one’s activity throughout the day. You can check anytime to see the last time your loved one was active and receive alerts if we detect a lack of activity, encouraging you to check in and make sure everything is okay.
Absolutely! CarePenguin is simple to install. All you need to do is zip-tie our sensor to the hot water pipe output on a water heater, plug it into a nearby outlet, set up your account on our app, and connect it to WiFi using our step-by-step instructions. If you can set up a Nest product or Amazon Alexa, you can set up CarePenguin.
Have More Questions?
News and thoughts from our team
Check out our Blog
Join the waddle!
Sign up to receive blog posts, caregiver tips, company updates, and promotions